The easiest way to scan bubble sheets is with your phone or tablet using ALL In Learning ASSIST (free from the Apple Store or Google Play). You can also use most document cameras or webcams plugged into your computer.
(For instructions on printing bubble sheets, see the “Print Bubble Sheets” article.)
How To Scan Bubble Sheets with your Phone or Tablet
Note: If using ASSIST on a phone or tablet, you'll first need to enter your login credentials.
- Select Grade An Assessment, choose your assessment, select the class, then select “Scan Bubble Sheets.”
- Place the bubble sheets fully in frame, and you should hear the bell ring when a scan is captured.
- Note student scores displayed at the top of the screen. You can give immediate feedback!
- Click "Students" to view all student scores. Click Back to return to grading.
- If a scan shows anomalies, like unanswered questions, click Questions and determine how you want the anomalies graded. Then click Done to continue scanning.
- When you’re done grading, click End. Click Leave Session Active, if you want to pause and continue scanning later. Choose End Session if you are finished grading and want the data uploaded to your online reports.
- When prompted, add the data to the progress tracker!
How To Scan with a Doc Cam on your Computer
- Go to the Lessons / Assessments tab.
- Position your first bubble sheet in the camera view so that the rectangle is completely in view, and your bubble sheet should scan automatically. If you are using student-specific bubble sheets, you will instantly see your student list on the left updated with the student score. If you are using “generic” bubble sheets, you will see a dialog box opens, asking you to choose which student this sheet was for — make your selection and you will see your student list on the left updated with the student’s score.
Are you having trouble scanning bubble sheets? Click here for help!
scanning scan grade bubblesheets