Not what you were looking for? Search here.
You can use most document cameras and any standard webcam to scan ALL In Learning bubble sheets (sometimes mistakenly called "scantrons"). (For instructions on printing bubble sheets, see the “Print Bubble Sheets” article.)
- Go to the Lessons / Assessments tab.
- Click the "Activate" menu next to the assessment you wish to grade and choose “Scan Bubble Sheet.”
- Click the class you wish to grade. If your USB camera is plugged in, you should see the video feed in the window on the right. If you do not see the camera feed or if it’s the wrong camera, either try to change the camera to the correct one by changing the camera at the bottom from the drop-down menu labeled "Switch Camera," or click the help link at the top right labeled “Scanning Help” to see instructions on setting up the camera.
- Position your first bubble sheet in the camera view so that the rectangle is completely in view, and your bubble sheet should scan automatically. If you are using student-specific bubble sheets, you will instantly see your student list on the left updated with the student score. If you are using “generic” bubble sheets, you will see a dialog box open, asking you to choose which student this sheet was for — make your selection and you will see your student list on the left updated with the student’s score.
- If any questions were unanswered or unreadable due to improper filling in, you will see a red number next to the student name in the list on the left. Click the hand icon next to their name to see their answers and click in any corrections, then click “Done” to return to scanning mode.
- If you have rubric or short answer questions to grade, you can grade them now by clicking the hand icon. Click "Done" to move on to scanning the next student.
- Repeat steps 5-6 for the remainder of your students.
- Click “End Session” when you are finished grading. NOTE: If for some reason you do not finish before losing your connection, your computer crashes, or you close the window improperly, your grading data is saved behind the scenes for you to reactivate the session and finish correctly.
Are you having trouble scanning bubble sheets? Click here for help!