WebClicker is a feature in the Student Portal that lets you use student devices (smartphones, tablets, Chromebooks, and computers) the way you use clickers to engage and assess students daily. It works in person or remotely. You can even have some students with real clickers and some with WebClickers at the same time!
Students will need access to the student portal. See this article to get them set up.
Table of Contents
These steps work for in-class or remote students.
- Click "Launch Clickers" on your Home tab.
- Name the Session. If you will be conducting a Zoom, Teams, or Meet session with virtual students, and copy/paste the Zoom/Teams/Meet video conferencing link. (You can see a video demonstration of zoom/teams with Webclickers below.)
- Click the name of the class to launch!
Students will see the new activity in their Student Portal at the top of their assessment list with a "Launch Clicker" button. They need to click it! (If it doesn't appear, have them refresh.)
If they are remote learners and you provided the link for Zoom, Teams, or Meet in the previous step, they'll then click "Join Zoom Session" or "Join Teams Session" to get into the session within ALL In Learning.
- Running your lesson or assessment.
You'll see the floating clicker bar, which you can move and position wherever convenient.
You can use any content you like: Type questions in a document, show content from a website or document, or just ask them verbally. WebClickers work in parallel with the content of your choice. No prep necessary. This floating "clicker bar" is ready for you to ...
- Click Start Question
To ask a question, click Start Question and tell students to answer. You'll see a bar showing which students have answered.
- Click End Question
A response chart will pop up, which is great for class discussion and feedback.
- Select a correct answer.
In this mode, you'll need to select a correct answer on the chart after each question in order for it to be scored! This is how the key is built for reports as you do an On the Fly session!
- When the session is finished, click "End Session."
- Go to students.allinlearning.com and log in. Need step-by-step login instructions? Click here. >>
- When you see the "Launch Clicker" button at the top of your assessments list, click it!
- Skip to the next step if you are actually in person, live in the classroom with your teacher.
If you are remote learning via Zoom, Teams, or Meet, click the Join Zoom (or Teams) Session button or Google Meet link.
You should see your WebClicker window on the left and your teacher's screen on the right.
- When the teacher starts a question, you'll see the A,B,C,D,E buttons. Click on your answer! You can change your mind and click a different answer until the teacher ends the question! (Note that the teacher can see when you click an answer.)
- In the Lessons / Assessments tab, go to Lessons > choose assessment > Activate > Use ALL In Response> WebClickers. Follow the above steps for students.
- In some of our content options' tabs (Exit Tickets, Challenge Boards), you can click Activate > Use ALL In Response> WebClickers. Follow the above steps for students.
Video demonstration of WebClickers with virtual learning:
alternate keywords: webclickers clickers web clicker