ALL In Learning gives teachers a very quick way to push remediation activities to the Student Portal of any students based on how they performed on an assessment.
It's meant to be so quick and easy that you can do it daily!
Quick Run-Down of how Remediation Works:
- Teacher gives an assessment in ALL In Learning. They can use clickers, bubble sheets, or Engage&Learn for iOS or the Student Portal with any web-enabled device.
- Teacher ends the session, creating a report.
- In the Reports tab, the teacher chooses Actions>Remediate.
- Teacher chooses what options they want students to be able to see and do.
- Students sign into students.allinlearning.com with their QR code on any web-enabled device (or with Engage&Learn for iOS) and view the remediation activity!
- Once the teacher ends the remediation activity, a brand new remediation report is created, separate from the original.
It's that simple!
Additional details to keep in mind:
- If the original report was generated from an Engage & Learn activity, then those E&L Settings from the original report will be the defaults for the remediation.
- The remediation activity acts like any other Engage&Learn session. If you pause it, students will still have access to it in their E&L apps.
- To see results come in, teachers will need to have the session open in the Grading Screen.
- Only by clicking End Session in the grading screen end the activity and create a new remedation report.
- If you pause a Remediation session, you will see an "incomplete session" badge on the Actions menu in the reports tab on the "remediate" option, until you click remediate again and resume it.
- For remediation sessions, students will first see the Summary Screen, showing the questions that they missed and what their original answers were. When they have changed an answer, the check or X will change to a dash (-). (This is the same for both Web and iOS E&L.) This is a great activity to do for homework or with parents - finding out why they missed a question and trying again!
- The resulting remediation reports will be named "REM: <original assessment name>".
- The remediation sessions will not aggregate with the the original report, but will be self-contained records of the remediation activity itself.
- All users who distribute assessments to other users will be able to allow or disallow the use of Remediation by the teachers who give the assessment.