After grading an assessment, use "Edit Key & Standards" to:
- Correct mistakes in the key, like wrong correct-answer designation.
- Add multiple correct answers and determine whether all must be selected or if any are allowed.
- Count a question as correct for all students.
- Omit a question.
- Add or adjust standards.
- Adjust question weighting.
NOTE: These changes will apply to every past or future data for every person to whom the same assessment was directly shared.
How to Use Edit Key & Standards
- Go to the Reports tab > Sessions > click "Actions" next to your report > select Edit Key & Standards.
- The Edit Key & Standards view will open.
- Here are the things you can do on this screen, from left to right:
- To fix a wrongly-designated correct answer, select the answer choice you want, and un-select the wrong answer choice.
- To add or edit more answer choices (for multiple-correct questions), select or deselect additional answer choices. Then, in the Multiple Correct column, click the "Type" button and choose whether students will only be counted as correct if they select all of the correct answers or if they can select any of them.
- To omit a question entirely, click "Omit Question." Note: This will change the number of graded questions on the test -- the denominator the scores are calculated by.
- To add, remove, or change standards aligned to a question, click the "Add Standards" link and follow the on-screen instructions. You will have the convenient option to add the same standard to all questions with one click, or you can choose different standards for each question.
- To adjust the question weighting, toggle the up or down button next to the pts and percent for each question. Adjusting a question up or down will change the points for that particular question and will automatically adjust percentage weighting for all other questions. See our help desk article on question weighting for more information.
4. When finished editing your key, click Save. Saving may take longer for larger tests. When saving is completed, the Edit key & Standards window will close.
Note: For your convenience, you may be prompted about whether you want the data included in your progress tracker.
Additional keywords: mistake mistakes typo fix incorrect multiple fix error problem