The ASSIST app for iPad, iPhone, and Android puts instant grading and intervention right in the palm of your hand and allows you to view On the Fly clicker and Webclicker responses in real time without their individual answers being known to the whole class.
This article will help you:
- Install and log into ASSIST.
- Scan bubble sheets and grade.
- Use the Private Data feature to see individual student answers in real time during On the Fly student engagements.
Install and Log Into ASSIST
To Install ASSIST:
- On your iPad or iPhone, open the App Store app, search for “ALL In Learning ASSIST” and install it.
- On your Android device, go to the Google Play store, search for “ALL In Learning ASSIST” and install it.
Connect ASSIST to the ALL In Cloud
- On your device, open ASSIST.
- You will see the "Settings” screen. Enter the email address and password on your account.
- Tap “Done.” You should see a prompt that says "You are connected to the ALL In Learning Cloud." If you have trouble with your username and password, we recommend using your computer to confirm you can access your account and reset your password if needed.
Scanning Bubble Sheets and Other Grading
Print Bubble Sheets
If you haven't yet printed bubble sheets for your assessment, this article will show you how.
Scanning Bubble Sheets and Grading
1. On ASSIST's main screen, tap "Grade an Assessment."
2. Choose the assessment. If you have a paused session (where you've started grading but ended it without finishing), it's highlighted in blue. You can pick up right where you left off.
3. Select the class.
4. To grade bubble sheets, follow these guidelines:
- The bubble sheets should be unaltered, flat, printed in good quality on white paper, with no extra markings around the bubbles or QR code.
- The camera view should be straight on and not too skewed.
- The rectangle around the bubbles should be fully in frame.
- Avoid light reflecting from pencil lead, laminations, or printer ink.
- Bubbles should be fully and darkly filled in.
- For more tips, see this article.
5.To review the results of a scan (for example, to tell a student what they missed), click "Questions" at the bottom left.
6. To manually grade your students (for rubrics or short answers, for example), tap "Students" at the bottom right, select the student, and make the needed adjustments.
7. Tap on End to submit the report.
8. If you see a message about "Students with Anomalies," it means that some students' answers couldn't be determined and you need to look manually.
You'll need to resolve these before the session can be ended. Tap OK on the message and select "Students." For any students highlighted red, tap on Questions to see which questions need attention. Refer to the student's bubble sheet to determine what action to take.
Reports for assessments graded on ASSIST can be found in your Reports tab in your online ALL In Learning account at plus.allinlearning.com.