The ASSIST app for iPad, iPhone, and Android puts instant grading right in the palm of your hand and allows you to view On the Fly clicker responses from students on your device without their individual answers being known to the whole class.
To Install ASSIST:
- On your iPad or iPhone, open the App Store app, search for “ALL In Learning ASSIST” and install it.
- On your Android device, go to the Google Play store, search for “ALL In Learning ASSIST” and install it.
Connect ASSIST to the ALL In Cloud
- On your device, open ASSIST.
- You will see the "Settings” screen. Enter the email address and password on your account.
- Tap “Done.” You should see a prompt that says "You are connected to the ALL In Learning Cloud." If you have trouble with your username and password, we recommend using your computer to confirm you can access your account and reset your password if needed.
Once you have logged into ASSIST, you can grade assessments by clicking on the "Grade an Assessment" option. Just like with your online account, click the assessment you would like to grade and then the class and start scanning!
You'll notice that if you have a paused session - you've started grading but haven't ended grading to produce a report - the Android ASSIST app highlights that session for you in blue. You can pick up right where you left off!
To start grading your students' bubble sheets, adjust your phone over the bubble sheet until the black rectangle is fully in view. See our help desk article on successful scanning for best practices.
If you would like to manually grade your students, tap on the Students option at the bottom right and select the student. Once you've completed grading, tap on End to submit the report.
Reports for assessments graded on ASSIST can be found in your Reports tab in your online ALL In Learning account at plus.allinlearning.com.
Students with Anomalies
If you see a message when trying to end a session that at least one of your students has anomalies, this means that some bubble sheets had unmarked bubbles or their answers were not recognized. This can happen when a student leaves an answer blank or didn't completely erase a changed answer and there are two bubbled in answers for one question.
You'll need to resolve these before the session can be ended. Tap OK on the message and then tap on the Students list. You can locate those students whose bubble sheets recorded anomalies by finding the students highlighted in red. Tap on Questions, and any question that needs resolving will also be highlighted in red.