How to Create a Class Manually
- Click the Classes tab.
- Click “Add New Class” on the left side of the screen.
- Type the name of your class.
- Select your Grade and Subject.
- If an admin has directed you to enter custom tags to your class for common assessment distributions, type them in the "Enter Custom" field. As you type, an auto-complete box may suggest matches. If a match pops up, select it. Hit enter when done. Your tags will appear in the "Assigned Tags" section. Click the "x" on a tag to remove it.
- When you are finished creating your class and adding tags, click “Save.”
Note: If you teach the same group of students for multiple subjects, you only need one roster for those students.
How to Add Students to a Class Manually
- Click the Student Roster tab.
- Click in the “Last” field and type a student’s last name.
- If you see names auto-complete as you type (there may be a slight delay), click the one you want and the rest of the student's information will auto-fill -- or if the student record doesn't show as existing already, you can type in the name, ID, and other fields manually to complete the student information.
- Click the “Save” button to the right, or press Enter on your keyboard.
- Repeat this process until your roster has all the students.
Note 1: Clicking on a student's name or ID fields and editing them directly will change that student's information in all other classes and teacher accounts.
Note 2: If you try to add or edit student names manually but there is no "save" button to save your changes, see your administrator, as they may have disabled teachers' ability to add/edit student roster data for a reason.