As of March 15th, 2018, ALL In Learning supports the use of multiple choice questions with more than one correct answer.
- Student answer changes on bubble sheets need to be erased. If students change their answer on a bubble sheet question, they need to thoroughly erase the unintended answer. Crossed-out answers are not supported.
- Student answer changes in Engage & Learn need to be deselected. If students change their answers on an Engage & Learn question, they will need to be sure their unintended answer is no longer selected.
- Teacher answer changes in ASSIST for iOS and Android, manual grading, or Edit Key & Standards need to be deselected. Unintended answers will no longer be automatically deselected when you select a different answer.
- When scanning bubble sheets, avoid reflections. Since pencil lead can be reflective and more correct answers will mean more penciled-in bubbles, take steps to avoid reflections. See this article for more info and tips on getting the fastest scanning possible!
Below are the ways you can create and edit multiple-correct-answer questions as well as how assessing and grading multiple correct questions works.
Create and Edit Questions with Multiple Correct Answers
Under the Lessons/Assessments tab, choose Create New>Assessment Key. Select "Multiple Choice" as the question type and choose the number of answer choices. Then select an answer in the area on the left. You'll see the question added in the key on the right, where you can select additional correct answers. You’ll then be prompted to choose whether students will only be counted as correct if they select all of the correct answers or if they can select any of them.
Add or Edit Multiple Correct Answers in the Lesson Editor
You can get into the Lesson Editor in several ways:
- Lessons/Assessments tab>Actions>Edit
- Lessons/Assessments tab>Create New>Import Word or Import PowerPoint
- Lessons/Assessments tab>Create New>Custom Lesson
Once in the Lesson Editor, you can add or edit questions several ways. Some methods, like "Insert>Questions" and "Convert to Question" will use the Quick Key screen as seen in the section above.
You can also edit questions by selecting the question slide on the left, which will open the Question Properties panel on the right, where you can select additional correct answers. You’ll then be prompted to choose whether students will only be counted as correct if they select all of the correct answers or if they can select any of them.
Edit Multiple Correct Answers in Edit Key & Standards
See this article for instructions on using Edit Key and Standards to add or change answers for multiple-correct-answer questions and changing whether any answer is allowed or all must be selected.
Multiple Correct Answers for PowerPoint Imports
See this article for instructions on importing PowerPoint documents. Note that you can now add additional correct answers by designating them in the Question Properties panel.
Grading Multiple Correct Answers
Several areas of grading have been affected by multiple correct answer support.
Bubble Sheet Grading with Doc Cam or ASSIST for iOS and Android
Students can now fill in multiple bubbles to answer multiple-correct-answer questions. Keep in mind when grading that you need to eliminate reflections from the pencil lead or any kind of lamination for fastest results. See this article for more details on getting the best scanning experience.
Note that if you need to manually confirm or grade any questions and need to deselect an answer, answers will not be deselected automatically when you click a different answer.
Engage & Learn
Students will be able to answer multiple-correct-answer multiple choice questions on devices such as Chromebooks, tablets, computers, and smartphones in Engage & Learn. If they change an answer, they need to make sure any answer they do not intend to submit is deselected.
You can still manually grade papers by tapping-in student responses if needed. Just note that you can select as many answers as you want, so if changing answers be sure to deselect them.